Wednesday 25 February 2015

Amateur critic - a review blog

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT


It's been a while since I posted anything here.  Lack of inspiration, lack of time, other things to do.  And general indolence.  Especially that one.  But some of the time gets taken up with going out to be entertained.  That includes a few cinema visits, but mostly it's live interaction that I'm seeking. Music, comedy, drama - and ice hockey.  A week doesn't normally pass without seeing some kind of gig, play or match.
Of course the decision on what we (it's mostly 'we') go to see is derived from our own eclectic tastes.  So the music is mostly folk, preferably in small, intimate venues, and you're unlikely to see me at stadium events.  The plays are more likely to be new works than classics.  And the comedy will be in clubs or pubs rather than theatres.  While the hockey, well, that's been documented here before.
I have no qualifications to be much of a critic.  I'm resolutely unmusical, rarely funny, while my amateur acting days are long behind me and would make no claims to anything more than some basic competence.  As for ice hockey.... I doubt I'd stay upright for more than five seconds.
But there might be some people out there looking for new music, or seeking  an independent opinion on a touring play or a comedian who has yet to achiev national fame.  OK, I doubt anyone will be much interested in my uninformed opinion on hockey matches, but you can't please everyone.  So I have a new blog, giving brief reviews of events I've been to.  Don't expect much in the way of depth, but at least you should be clear about whether this individual liked what he saw or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment