Friday 21 April 2023

Potential Pill Popping Problem

 


POPPING FOIL IS AN END TO SPONTENAITY

Over the past few weeks I've been playing about, at my GP's suggestion, with the dosage of one of my medications.  The one that helps my heart to function reasonably efficiently despite the misfire it has developed.  This resulted in me now taking a lower dosage, which feels like a mildly positive result, but It's still going to be one of three pills I'm taking daily for the foreseeable future.  Getting older can be a bit of a bugger sometimes.

A few years ago I wrote this post about the time I was in Aberdeen, and thought how easy it would have been to pull out my credit card and vanish for a week.  Which I didn't do of course, because I'm not that actually adventurous in reality.  But it has occurred to me that even the option has now been removed.  Not without some level of foresight.  Of carrying a week's worth of pills with me.  I'm not sure what would happen to me if I didn't, but I'd prefer not to find out.  Experimenting with differing doses of bisoprolol in recent weeks has demonstrated just how much I'm affected when the levels of drugs in my system change.  

It's not as if this was something I actually wanted to do.  Yet it still saddens me to realise that I've lost even the possibility of becoming the person that I was never ever going to be anyway!  Crazy, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment