Tuesday 29 March 2016

The weather is letting me down

BLOODY SPRING, COMING HERE AND TAKING OUR CHANCE OF SNOW....

British Summer Time is here, there are buds appearing on the trees, even blossom in places, and the parks are ablaze with the colour of daffs and tulips.  I have to accept that it's Spring and that Winter has gone.  This is supposed to be a cheerful sign of better times ahead.  But for me it means acceptance of defeat.

So ends my second cold season back home in Scotland.  But still not cold enough.  After twenty five years spent in Southport, where snow is an alien concept, a bogey man that can close the world with half an inch, I was looking forward to getting out in some proper white stuff.  Walking and driving in snow were skills I grew up with and enjoy exercising.  If I can still remember how.

But defeat is mine.  There's been the barest hint of powdery whiteness seen from the window, but by the time I get out there it's just a memory.  I am doomed to walk damp but flake free streets, missing out on the pleasures of breaking fresh snow.

In the grand scheme of human affairs there are many potential threats to humanity from the impact of global warming.  And one minor annoyance for this particular Scot.

No comments:

Post a Comment