Wednesday 30 March 2016

I don't mind being manipulated

TAPED

I got taped today.  But manipulated first.  And welcomed both.

For a few weeks I've had odd sensations in my shoulder and neck.  A sort of pins and needles tingling, often followed by a numbness that feels like a mild paralysis.  It never hurts, it doesn't really restrict my movements, but it is annoying.  Especially when I'm trying to get to sleep and my neck has a disagreement with every angle I try out.

So I went to the osteopath.  The regular MoT for my back was about due anyway.  She could feel some tension in my muscles, suspected the damage came from the extended period of coughing I had earlier in the year, but could see no long term problems.  She moved bits of me around in the just-short-of-torture way that osteopaths and chiropractors and physios seems to delight in and reckoned it would all heal with time.  Then decided to experiment on me with her newest toy.  (This is not as kinky/exciting/depraved - delete as applicable - as it might sound.

The 'toy' was a roll of bright blue tape, of the sort increasingly prominent on a lot of sports people, especially in tennis.  Like Aga Radwanska's natty knee number here.


A bit of measuring up, some crafty scissor work and a few strips of blue later and I was ready to go.  "Keep them on for the next three days or so" she says.  Presumably to allow as many people as possible to have a good laugh.

I've become the type of person who just throws on a t shirt in the morning and forgets what I'm wearing thereafter.  But the positioning of this tape may make me reconsider.  Here's why.



I'm not quite too sure what kind of image this projects to the world.  Ailing sports star?  Cracked Android?  Or just Frankenstein's Monster?   Maybe I'll wear a shirt with an actual collar for a bit.  If you see me looking a bit posher than usual this'll be why.  Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

There again, if it helps the recovery along, I don't really care what I look like.  T shirt it is then.

No comments:

Post a Comment