Friday 19 July 2019

Walking, advocacy and kilts 10

BEATING THE RAIN

As I type this I'm glad I got out reasonably early (by my standards) to do today's walk in the morning.  It's chucking it down now.

Back to the route I took on walk 2 and walk 3, an easy eight and bit miles, but some gentle climbing involved.  I knocked a few minutes of my previous time and felt I was still walking strongly at the end of it - as I should when the 'real' distance is going to be nearly double what I did today.  I'm going to try to walk more frequently in the coming weeks - although once the Fringe starts...

When I got home there was a workman in giving us a quote, we got chatting about what I'd been doing and why, and he kindly offered to sponsor me.  Which is what this is all about, raising money for an organisation that can be a positive benefit in the lives of people who have got used to being ignored.  I haven't had any appointments this week (the volunteer coordinator is on leave, which gives you an idea of how under resourced Advocard is), but that won't stop me asking you to consider contributing something, anything, to the funds I'm trying to raise.  You could even be the first to do so this year (at time of writing!).

Click on this link if you'd like to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment